Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cellar Discovery


Cellar Discovery, originally uploaded by fotofacade.

For a mindcrunchingly detailed look at the wallpaper click here

Whilst looking for something down in my cellar, I managed to fall over a few boxes and found myself in the deep recesses of a dark corner. Slowly, as my eyes got used to the light I saw upon the underside of the floorboards what looked like a floral pattern. After hooking up a light I came across this wonderful remnant of wallpaper. The house was built in the late 1870's. My question is: does anybody know what date this might be from? I think it is Victorian, but it could be Edwardian?

BTW my daughter is going to copy the design into an artwork and then we can provide some continuity from the past in the house.

No comments:

ARCHI-SEARCH

Custom Search