Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Lavenham Archi-Map

My medieval google earth map of Lavenham is now almost complete you can get it here. You need to have Google Earth installed to view which you can access from the link above also.

Lavenham is a remarkable survival of a medieval town with primarily timber framed buildings dominating and a beautiful Perpendicular style church. It has over 300 listed buildings. In the map I have tried to show some interesting medieval features of timber framed houses.

On the map I have marked an interesting series of lumps and bumps which look like the archeaological remains of some dwellings to the west of Saint Peter and Saint Paul's church. I noticed them when I was compiling the map. I'm sure that there is some information about them out there - please comment if you know any more information. Great site for a dig!

No comments:

ARCHI-SEARCH

Custom Search