Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Day Out At Kings Manor continued...

See yesterdays account of my visit to Kings Manor


Continuing my visit at the regional event at Kings Manor in Yorkshire organised by Ray Wilson of the
SPAB Yorkshire Regional Group the next stall had some remarkable examples of carpentry and craftsmanship.

This carpenter was producing a classical panel detail for a door restoration and his work was remarkably intricate and detailed. Click on the image below for a closer look:-

All participants were members of the York Consortium For Conservation and Craftsmanship

More photo's from the event tomorrow...

There are more events organised by the SPAB Yorkshire Regional Group including visits to Kirkstall Abbey in May, Nostell Priory and Knedlington Old Hall in June, and Darnall Crucible Shops in September.


SPAB website is here
Conservation Courses at University of York Kings Manor
You can view all of my images of York Minster here
You can view all of my images of York here

Note: Unfortunately I did not get all the names people and companies who attended the event. Members can be viewed at the
York Consortium For Conservation and Craftsmanship, or if you took part, please drop me a line and I will gladly give an honourable mention to companies and people shown in the photos.

No comments:

ARCHI-SEARCH

Custom Search